Hawaiian Words Quotes and Sayings
Aloha Kakahiaka -
Aloha Ahiahi -
Aloha nui loa -
A hui hou -
Maika'i no au -
'O wai kou inoa? -
People Titles in Hawaiian
*Aunt <~>`anake * Baby <~> pepe * Beloved friend <~> hoaloha
*Bride <~> wahine male hou
*Child, offspring <~> keiki * Children <~> kamali`i * Classmate <~> hoa kula
*Clergyman <~> kahuna pule * Close Friend <~> hoapili *
Cousin <~> hoahanau
*Daughter <~> kaikamahine * Doctor <~> kauka * family <~> ohana *
Father <~> makua kane
*Grandchild <~> mo`opuna * Grandfather <~> kupunakane or tutu kane
*Grandmother <~> kupunawahine or tutu wahine * Groom <~> kahu lio
*Husband <~> kane male * Leader <~> alaka'i * Mother <~> makuahine *
Nurse <~> kahu ma'i
*Priest, Skilled person, Expert in a field <~> kahuna * Sister <~> kaikuahine *
Soldier <~> koa
*Son <~> keikikane * Sweetheart <~> ku`uipo * Teacher <~> kumu a'o
* Uncle <~> `anakala *Wife <~> wahine male
Popular Hawaiian Phrases for Gifts
* A gift for you <~> He makana nau * All my love <~> Aloha Nui Loa
* Beloved <~> Ke Aloha
* Come visit again <~> Kipa hou mai * Get Well <~> E Ola
* Good Luck <~>Pomaika`i
* Farewell to you <~> Aloha `oe * From the ___ Family <~> Mai ka 'ohana ___
* I Love You <~> Aloha Au Ia 'Oe * I Truly Love You <~> Aloha No Au Ia 'Oe
* Just for you <~> Nau wale no * Thank you <~> Mahalo
* Thank you for your hospitality <~> Mahalo no kou ho`okipa
* Thank you very much <~> Mahalo nui loa * To my love <~> Ia Iho Ke Aloha
* To the ____ Family <~> E ka `ohana __ * Until we meet again <~> A hui hou kakou
* Warm love, affection <~> Aloha Pumehana * With love <~> Me Ke Aloha
* With the warmth of my love <~> Me Ke Aloha Pumehana )
16 Things You Probably Didn’t Know About The State of Hawaii
1) One of the world’s largest volcanoes, Mauna Loa, located on the Big Island has been used for NASA training – astronauts would train for moon voyages by walking on lava fields.
2) Hawaii is the only state that commercially grows vanilla beans, cacao, and coffee.
3) Hawaii consists of eight populated islands, which comprise 99 percent of the state’s landmass. There are an additional 124 small, uninhabited islands, reefs and atolls that account for the other one percent.
4) Hawaii has the lowest population percentage of white Americans – just 24.7 percent – according to the 2010 United States Census.
5) There are only two mammals native to Hawaii – the monk seal, and the hoary bat.
6) Kauai’s Mt. Waialeale is the rainiest place on earth – boasting an average of 476 inches of rainfall per year.
7) The Hawaiian alphabet has only 13 letters – five vowels, and eight consonants.
8) Hawaii is in its own time zone, and does not practice Daylight Saving Time.
9) Parker Ranch, located on the Big Island encompasses 480,000 acres, and is the largest contiguous ranch in the United States.
10) Hawaii is considered the most isolated population center on earth, and is 2,390 miles away from the nearest continent (North America in case you couldn’t guess).
11) Though the Hawaiian macadamia nut is well-
12) Thanks to Kilauea Volcano, which has been erupting for more than 30 years, the Big Island is actually getting bigger – by more than 42 acres each year.
13) Hawaii has the highest life expectancy in the United States – 75 for males, and 80 for females. Maybe this has to do with the fact that approximately 20 percent of Hawaii residents are overweight, compared with 30 percent on the mainland.
14) Maui’s famous “Road to Hana” on the island’s North Shore is narrow, 55 miles long, and features 617 curves and 26 bridges.
15) The Big Island is home to the world’s largest telescope – located on the top of Mauna Kea at an altitude of 13,796 feet.
16) According to a Kauai law, no building on the island is allowed to be taller than a palm tree – a pretty subjective measurement system if you ask me.
Hawaii Is Life Where Time Does Not Exist Island Life and Surfing Apparel
©Copyright 2017 All Rights Reserved